Features and benefits
- High evaporative cooling efficiency - low running costs. Only consumes about 1 kW per 2.8 m³/s (10,000 m³/h) cooled air, providing up to 30 kW of cooling.
- EC fans (fitted as standard) boost efficiency
- Variable speed controls boost efficiency by only providing the airflow that is needed
- Simple and reliable technology – thus low maintenance costs
- Durable: corrosion-resistant aluminium housing with powder coated water tray and water distribution system
- High air quality: uses 100% outside air for cooling
- No refrigerants (e.g. CFCs) used for cooling which are harmful to the environment
- Extensively tested hygienically in compliance with VDI 6022 (“Hygienic Requirements for Ventilation Systems and Units for Internal Spaces”). This is a rigorous standard for air conditioning systems and confirms the high quality of supply air
- Controlled by highly intuitive and simple Colt Cortiva controls, either through a web browser or as an app on a smart phone or table
- Designed and manufactured by Colt.
How evaporative cooling systems work
By passing warm outdoor air across a desorption medium, energy is exchanged and a significant reduction in air temperature is achieved. The warmer and drier the outdoor air, the more efficient the evaporative cooling process is.
Applications for CoolStream systems
Evaporative cooling systems provide an efficient and effective alternative to conventional air conditioning, particularly with those industrial and semi-industrial facilities which do not require an absolutely constant internal temperature at all times, and where these buildings are generally simply too large for conventional air conditioning to be cost-effective.
Energy and water efficient
Evaporative cooling systems are up to seven times more efficient than conventional air conditioning systems and infact the warmer the outside air, the more efficient the evaporative cooling process is.
Simplicity of controls
Colt Cortiva is easy to use and, most significantly, available via a tablet PC or a smart phone. It requires no special knowledge to configure the HVAC system or to make changes to the individual parameters.
Safe and environmentally friendly
Colt CoolStream evaporative cooling systems are designed to ensure optimal water quality. They have been hygienically tested and certified to VDI 6022, ensuring peace of mind that they are safe.
Cooling tailored to the building
We can advise on all aspects of the ventilation design. We provide stress-free project management and service and maintenance.
CoolStream S provides low-cost evaporative cooling (adiabatic cooling) and ventilation principally for larger industrial and commercial premises. It has been hygienically tested and certified to VDI 6022.
The CoolStream S evaporative cooler helps keep larger internal spaces pleasantly cool all year round. It doesn’t need to cost the earth: using the cooling power of water, it’s possible to achieve low energy cooling.
Types (airflows shown without filters)
12A: Axial up to 3.3 m³/s (12,000 m³/h)
17A: Axial up to 4.7 m³/s (17,500 m³/h)
22A: Axial up to 6.1 m³/s (22,000 m³/h)
30A: Axial up to 8.3 m³/s (29,750 m³/h)
12C: Centrifugal up to 3.3 m³/s (11,750 m³/h)
16C: Centrifugal up to 4.5 m³/s (16,250 m³/h)
23C: Centrifugal up to 6.3 m³/s (22,500 m³/h)
29C: Centrifugal up to 8.1 m³/s (29,250 m³/h)
Bottom duct connection - where CoolStream S cooling units are installed on to the roof
Side duct connection - where CoolStream S cooling units are combined with alternative
HVAC equipment to the standard Coltair arrangement
Top duct connection - where CoolStream S cooling system is installed adjacent to a building
Colt Cortiva controller via browser or app.
Single stage: Z-line filter class G4, M5 or F7.
Two stage: Z-line filter G2+F9
VDI certification (optional)
Internal lighting / light switch, sight glass, pressure display, VDI 6022 certificate.