The boosters are also frequently exposed to atmospheric pollution. The GXZ exhauster is therefore of robust construction, with drain plug, inlet & outlet flanges to PN16 (others available) fully welded gas tight casing. Casing, impeller, seal housing and motor pedestal all 304 stainless steel for maximum protection against internal and external corrosion. The gas seal at the point of shaft entry to the fan casing is the well proven Fans & Blowers double Viton lip seal, grease packed for lubrication and maximum sealing efficiency. Grease nipples are fitted to enable the correct re-greasing schedule to be carried out.
Fans & Blowers gas tight industrial fans are designed, manufactured, tested & certified to BS8487:2007 for the Design & Construction of Gas boosters. Motors are IP55 enclosure metric frame with thermistors, hazardous area classification to suit Zoning. Special shaft extension to accommodate gas seal if overhung design.
Most of the GXZ fans we supply are required for hazardous areas and as such will be designed, manufactured, tested & certified in compliance with ATEX Directive 94/9/EC for use in either Zone 1, Cat.2G or Zone 2, Cat.3G.
Zone 1 certification also includes for technical file lodged with SIRA Test & Certification Ltd, File ref. 04-ATEX 334.
Zone 1 fans will have Eexd motors, Zone 2 Eexn. (Zone 2 long shaft motors are normally kept in Fans & Blowers stock)
Our ATEX certified fans can also be designed for Zone 21 & 22, Cat. 2D & 3D (dust) and different zones inside & outside fan casing.
Anti-vibration mounts are available as are flexible inlet/outlet connections, these being of the stainless steel convoluted / braided bellows type.
Gas Exhauster Fans GXZ Fans & Blowers features
- Fully welded gas tight casing
- Direct drive or belt driven
- Radial bladed impeller to minimise solids build up
- All 304 stainless steel construction
- Available as single, two & three stage
- Available in ATEX Zone 1, Zone 2, Zone 21 & Zone 22
- Standard motor is IP55 but is also available as EXN and EEXD
- Designed and manufactured to BS8487:2007+A1:2013 specification
- A wide range of ancillaries available, such as filters, silencers, double skinned and/or box enclosed, flexible connections and anti-vibration mounts