CIBSE Launches A Digital Hall of Fame
The Society of Digital Engineering (SDE) of CIBSE has launched a Hall of Fame for digital engineering with awards presented at the Build2Perform Live event in November.
The objective of the programme is to recognise the best examples of the emerging practice of digital engineering and to celebrate those individuals contributing the most to the advancement of this field and to the work of the Society.
In its inaugural year, the Hall of Fame recognised:
- Paddy Conaghan: The “mover and shaker” who pulled together digital experts and corralled them into forming a specialist representative group. The phrase “Product Data Template”, now referenced in international standards, was actually coined by Paddy back in 2011.
- Mike Bartyzel: A founding member of the CIBSE Digital Steering Group (DSG) who has combined a huge contribution to the work streams of the Group with facilitation of the London Revit User Group, bringing together a diverse audience from across the construction industry.
- Matt Crunden: the focus of liaison with the manufacturing side of the industry, Matt has provided unbiased insight and opinion that has informed the creation of many of our PDTs.
- Paul Marsland: The main driving force behind the multi-award winning BIMHawk interface from early concept to the usable and ever-advancing product it is today.
- Les Copeland: SDE President and DSG Chair, providing the drive and clear analytical vision that has shaped and focussed the Group and a set a logical path for its future activity.
The next six months will no doubt see an acceleration of the application of digital engineering to mainstream design and construction and will also see the emergence of a new tranche of specialists.
Next year at Build2Perform Live the SDE will host a wider awards ceremony which will include new digital Hall of Fame awards and incorporate the celebration of projects and achievements by design and construction teams, as well as advances in software.