How to keep your bedroom cool in the heat
Here’s our ‘Top Tips’ on how to aid a good night’s sleep with a cool and comfortable sleeping environment. Great sleep quality is vital to daytime productivity and, with Britons experiencing this current heatwave, temperatures of 30 degrees and very high pollen counts are impacting the nation’s slumbers. Here are our top tips to ensure a good night’s sleep despite the heat, with a range of portable Meaco products which cool and purify the air, whilst keeping noise levels at a minimum.
Prepare your sleeping space in advance
- Make sure that your bedding and surrounding environment is prepared before you hit the hay!
- Cool the room with your air conditioner and optimise air quality with your air purifier, by running these products for a short time before you go to bed. Remember to keep doors and windows shut during this time to maximise the effects though!
- Keep temperatures to a minimum with curtains and blinds closed throughout the day to prevent the heat from the sun warming up the room.
Think before opening a window
- Only open the window when the outside air temperature is cooler than the room temperature, to avoid introducing hotter air.
- Make sure to use the window blocker for your air conditioning unit to maximise efficiency and ensure any cool air doesn’t escape around the unit’s hose.
Reap the benefits as you count those sheep!
- If you’re a night owl, when you finally settle into the land of nod, you will no longer be hampered by heat gain from the sun’s rays, so turn off your air conditioner (or switch to fan only mode) to minimise noise further and maximise a peaceful night’s sleep.
Finally, as summer and its high temperatures continue, the walls in your house retain the heat for longer periods, so do make sure to manage this by using the above tips further in advance for the optimal sleep session.
Choosing the right product to meet your needs
- Meaco offers an extensive range of domestic and industrial products, with air conditioners, cooling units, fans and air purifiers, as well as our heating solutions to support customers once the temperatures drop. Here’s some tips to help in your decision-making:
- Consider the product weight, especially if you plan to use it upstairs.
- Product noise levels are an important consideration, especially during sleep.
- Does the product feature a Sleep Mode or timer to manage usage and minimise noise levels?
The new MeacoCool range of air conditioners are perfect for use in bedrooms, as they are compact, all weighing under 30kgs and low noise levels. The Sleep Mode maintains low fan speed to further minimise noise levels and the Off Timer enables you to manage your product usage. All are portable, supplied with castors, which, combined with the lower than average weight, make them easy to move about as required, and the remote control allows you to change the settings from the comfort of your bed.